1. Chair and Desk. You need to be comfortable! Working from home gives you the opportunity to have a desk and chair that you want and will be able work on. By using online auction sites with shipping sites you can find cheap courier services, Therefore, making finding that perfect desk at a cheap price and shipping it your home office, easy and at a low price
2. Answering machine- Answering machines are genius things when it comes to working with the kids at home. If the phone rings with a business call while you are busy with the children or things are getting a little loud around your house, then let the machine get it and then return the call when the kids are quiet or in the other room.
3. Make your child work for you- If at all possible, you should try to include your child in your work. Explain to them what you do and allow them to ask you questions. Let your child take part in what you do and if they are able to let them help you. When you have a work related success, allow your child to share in the celebration with you. They will eventually form an understanding and appreciation of your work and will want you to succeed.
4. Close the ‘office door’. The simplest way to show your children that you are working is to have a door on your office. The reasoning behind this is that they will come to associate you needing to work in your office as your job, and your time outside of the office as your time for them. However, truth be told this connection will not be made instantly, but as the kids became accustomed to it; they will understand that when you enter the office it’s time for you to work and for them leave you in peace.
5. Going for Childcare is fine. If you send your child to daycare or arrange for a playgroup, they will be plenty stimulated and will learn valuable social skills and will still active. There are so many benefits to daycare both socially and educationally. And at least you will have some uninterrupted time to work on your business.