- 2 cups sugar
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (Natural Unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the ganache:
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (Natural Unsweetened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS: (ONE-PAN CAKE)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Frost. Sprinkle with dried cranberries.
Make the ganache:
- Melt butter. Stir in Hershey’s cocoa, confectioner’s sugar, and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. Pour it over the cake.
You can get the recipe from the back of Hershey’s cocoa powder container and/or https://www.hersheys.com/. Happy baking!!