Poqui Poqui is an Ilocano dish consisting eggplants, egg, tomatoes, onions and garlic. It is very healthy and easy to prepare.
- 2 medium size eggplant
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 egg
- 1 Magic Sarap
- Ground pepper
- Oil for sautéing
- Grill eggplants until skin are charred. Let it cool, peel the skin and chop the flesh.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Add eggplant. Season with Magic Sarap and ground pepper to taste.
- Add the egg. ( I do not beat the egg)
- Continue stirring until the egg is set.
- Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy it with a cup of rice.