It’s been more than a month since Elijah started going to Prep and I can see that he is enjoying and learning new things.
We are still adjusting because Elijah’s class starts at 7:30 am. We have to wake up at 6:00 am because he tends to move and eat very slow. We also have to sleep very early, like around 9:00 pm, so there will be no crying when it is time to wake up in the morning.
Below are the advice I give to my son every single day.
- Always wear a smile.
- Teacher said “do not talk to each other” but it is okay to talk to your teacher when needed and also to your seat mate during break time.
- Talk very slowly and clear.
- Always raise your hand if you know the answer.
- Sleep every afternoon.
- Finish your snack.
- Homework now, iPad later.
- Be active.
- Brush your teeth before taking a bath. ( He insist on using Swish Mouthwash but I said he can when he he is big enough)
We have bottles of Swish Mouthwash ( a quality product of Unilab) in the bathroom and he keeps on asking why are we using it and when can he use it. I told him it is for adults only and it keeps our breathe fresh during the day.
Elijah is the youngest among his classmates and I do not expect him to be on top of their class. Let us not push our kids too much as learning is not a competition.